Tanella di Pitagora is located on the slope dropping
from Cortona to the Valdichiana. The tomb was first
mentioned when it was visited by G. Vasati in 1566.
The tomb is a small Tumulus from the Hellenistic period
(2nd century B.C.) comprising a circular base supporting
a drum consisting of closely set stone blocks. The interior
features a short dromos as well as a small rectangular
chamber topped with a barrel vault.