The Etruscan Academy Museum of the City of Cortona
 
--

The Museum

 Introduction

 Showrooms

 The symbols of MAEC

 Picture gallery

 Bookshop

Informations
 Opening hours and info
 Visitors with disabilities
 Tickets & reservations
 Contacts
Archaeological park
 Introduction
 Opening hours and info
 The extra-urban route
 The urban route
 Restoration workshop

 


Archaeological Park:

06) The Tumulus of Camucia

 
The Tumulus of Camucia was unearthed in 1840 by A. François.
The mound is very large in circumference (about 600 feet) and consists internally of a first chamber tomb (Tomb A or François Tomb) and a second tomb (Tomb B) discovered in 1964 by the Archaeological Superintendency of Tuscany.
Tumulo di Camucia

Tumulo di Camucia
Tumulo di Camucia
Tumulo di Camucia
Front view of Tomb A
Front view of Tomb B
The Tumulus in the
early 1900s

 


© 2006-2017 MAEC Cortona - Last update: 07/11/2017